The house of gee is almost complete

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Why what happened to it?
Nothing, just a bit grubby because of wear and tear over the past couple of years with dampness.
I used oil based white gloss to paint the walls and ceiling when the hut was empty, it looked good, but it also stunk the hut of chemicals and the smell took a week to clear, so no chance of painting it again with fish inside.
I have tried the low odour paints that say they had a gloss finish, but they are not as good as oil based gloss.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Nothing, just a bit grubby because of wear and tear over the past couple of years with dampness.
I used oil based white gloss to paint the walls and ceiling when the hut was empty, it looked good, but it also stunk the hut of chemicals and the smell took a week to clear, so no chance of painting it again with fish inside.
I have tried the low odour paints that say they had a gloss finish, but they are not as good as oil based gloss.
Seriously mate you need to invest in alufoil. Not only is it easy to keep clean but you can also nail some battons round the walls and then create a cavity.

Cheers

thegeeman

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Could we see some exterior pics please?
Of me or the fish house?:whistle::whistle:. If you want them of me Tony then I will pm them to you as young people visit this forum.

I will get some of the outside tonight if I get time. Things have been little delayed over here as the UK is in the middle of a big freeze. -3 here last night:cry:

Cheers

thegeeman

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
thegeeman said:
UK is in the middle of a big freeze. -3 here last night
I have to laugh when i hear us Brits moan about the cold, in Yakutsk in Russia the average temperature this time of year is -42 and yes thats Celsius

past couple of nights at work its averaged -4 on the shopfloor

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Funny cant understand how we wopped the clap out of half the worls over the last 5oo years

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
anymore pictures mate? Really envious as my garden cant take a fh as well as the shed as it slopes too much
I will attempt to get some pics tonight IF I can find the FH:lol:. It really snowed here last night and as i yet I am the only idiot that has made it into work. I have finished the insulation and alufoil. It now looks like some druggies grow room:D:D. Just the electrics and ringmain and then the real fun begins

Cheers

thegeeman