Wardley premium algae discs

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
:hi:
Not sure if thats some sort of typo regards the word "pellets" but everywhere else i look on the web states sinking wafers :thumbup:
I'll let you know 100% when mine arrive and i feed them :woohoo:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:lol: i just PMd you about this ( spooky ) :lol:

Okey dokey, i may just order them today anyway and if by any chance they float, my commons will have to do a bit of excersize :huh: :D

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
I use Wardley's algae discs in my tanks. They do float for a very short time, then they sink. I've heard that you may want to hydrate discs of all types since they will continue to swell once in the tank, or in the gullet of your plec. This swelling, once eaten, may also contribute to bloating. Quite frankly, I've not had a problem since eliminating Hikari discs from my plecs' diets.

These are what I purchase (although not from this online supplier)

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Thank you, i usually put any wafers in a piece of cucumber just to give it something extra, i only feed them this once in a while, thats great advice : D I will tell hubby this as well.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
I can heartily recommend Seapets :thumbup:
I put my order through on Monday and the package arrived today, £1.95 postage for all 3 items and orders over around £20 get free postage as well
Cheers for that Link Connie
:hug:

You are very welcome, and i am so pleased they arrived quickly for you :clap: let me know how feeding goes please.

I think mine came today i had a card put through my door from the post office, had to nip out to take little un to school and missed postie by a few minutes ( isnt that unlucky lol).

Cheers chuck

:hug:

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
let me know how feeding goes please
Will be feeding these tonight, i know the big guys will hit them straight away, just hoping for a good reaction in the 4ft, would love to know my Royal is eating, his favourite station at the moment is on the glass at the back in the left corner which is fairly close to the nursery so i hope he isn't getting any grief from the Dad :(

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
I dont know much about Royals, sadly, but if there anything like BN's any grief will bounce right of him, my BN often has the other fish swimming around him quite close and it seems to have little or no effect, he keeps on eating lol. I know its easy to say dont worry but i am sure you do and will until you see him munching, let me know how it goes. IMHO his favourite station is where he feels most comfortable in the tank, like my BN is still most comfortable in his cave, but he does venture out now : D

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Just had an email from Seapets to tell me they have discontinued these wafers :wb: not happy, anyone one have an alternate source for them in the UK?

I had to have a hunt around but i found this place :

http://www.georginaspetshop.co.uk/aquatic.htm

I phoned and she has only got a few packs left in stock, her phone number is 01822 617277.

Her supplier has also discontinued this product :wb: but as i said she does have some left so give her a ring :D

HTH

Last edited:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
You are most welcome, the frustrating thing is being able to find a new one, i do have tetra algae wafers but they are small and as the plecs get bigger i would rather have bigger wafers for them.

I agree it is frustrating why they have been discontinued i shall see if i can find any more information about that.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
I looked up on the net and found this.

Wardley is a company owned by Hartz Mountain Corp.
I found Hartz home page and found Wardley disks, so i sent them an email about our difficulties with regards to this product. I will let you know if i get a reply, not holding my breath lol.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Reply from consumer affairs at hartz

This is the email reply i got in reply to my email explaining we in the UK were having difficulty getting this product as we were told it was discontinued from shops suppliers.

Wardley Premium Algae Discs have not been discontinued and are still an active item. The retailers in your area should be able to order them for you. If not, I would check other stores or purchase them over the internet. Thank you for the feedback and inquiry.

Hartz Mountain Corp.
Consumer Affairs & Information Center
400 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
(800) 275-1414

Not really explaining why we cant get them though :wb:

Their website

http://www.hartz.com/Hartz_Products/Fish_Products/Treats.aspx

Last edited:

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
How rubbish is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have emailed them too, asking for a list of UK suppliers and American ones that will ship to the UK. Also asked if I can buy a bulk shipment direct from them :wb:

Seapets said in their email to try this product Clicky anyone used it?

JOHNNY

You will let us know what they say, hopefully your reply will be better than mine lol :thumbup:

Thanks for the link, i havent tried them before, maybe someone else has.