Wardley premium algae discs

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
Wardley Premium Algae Discs, are the only way to go. (its the only wafer/disc that I buy)
Accept no substitute!
Taste test prove it just ask my fish!!! Even my big cats scarf em down. ( tho I dont buy them for the big cats ther just pigs)

I sure hope you folks over the pond, can sort out a supplier.

johnny70

Technical Support Team
Wardley Premium Algae Discs have not been discontinued and are still an active
item. The retailers in your area should be able to order them for you. If not,
I would check other stores or purchase them over the internet. We regret we do
not sell directly to the consumer. Thank you.
So they choose to ignore my questions:wb: have sent them a snotty reply!

If someone knows a supplier in the States that will ship, I'm happy to bulk buy and pass on to anyone that wants them, just a supplier with realistic shipping costs to find!

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
You are most welcome, the frustrating thing is being able to find a new one, i do have tetra algae wafers but they are small and as the plecs get bigger i would rather have bigger wafers for them.

I agree it is frustrating why they have been discontinued i shall see if i can find any more information about that.
Bubbles, is this the Tetra wafers you're feeding? The ones I've got are every bit as big as the Hikari variety.
http://www.petco.com/product/105276/TetraVeggie-Algae-Wafers-Extreme.aspx

They do also make this, but these are tiny in comparison, sized for community fish.
http://www.petco.com/product/105017/TetraAlgae-Vegetable-Enhanced-Crisps.aspx

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
johnny70 said:
If someone knows a supplier in the States that will ship, I'm happy to bulk buy and pass on to anyone that wants them, just a supplier with realistic shipping costs to find!
If you have an American Express card you can order from here
Still looking for others, you can get the 8oz bags in UK here

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Bubbles, is this the Tetra wafers you're feeding? The ones I've got are every bit as big as the Hikari variety.
http://www.petco.com/product/105276/TetraVeggie-Algae-Wafers-Extreme.aspx

They do also make this, but these are tiny in comparison, sized for community fish.
http://www.petco.com/product/105017/TetraAlgae-Vegetable-Enhanced-Crisps.aspx
Hi Lornek8

Unfortunately i couldnt access the links, probably my laptop :wb: i shall look out for the larger wafers now i know they do them, thank you.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
another email from Hartz

Just to let you know i got another email from Hartz

I have gone ahead and forwarded your email to the appropriate department. They will be in contact with you shortly via email to assist you further with specific retailers that currently are selling the product in the UK. I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your patience.

Will keep you updated :thumbup:

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Thanks Lornek for all your kind help, but really need a Uk supplier and foods available in the UK, but appreciate this may help others : D

plecmom

Jun 2, 2009
AB, Canada
I use Wardley's algae discs in my tanks. They do float for a very short time, then they sink. I've heard that you may want to hydrate discs of all types since they will continue to swell once in the tank, or in the gullet of your plec. This swelling, once eaten, may also contribute to bloating. Quite frankly, I've not had a problem since eliminating Hikari discs from my plecs' diets.

These are what I purchase (although not from this online supplier)
whoa! Good to know about the bloating.:yes: I have used these. Won't anymore. *tosses bag*

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Any more info - I swear by Hikari products.... :huh:
whoa! Good to know about the bloating.:yes: I have used these. Won't anymore. *tosses bag*

It does appear to have caused problems on occasion but from what Ive seen its not a common thing. I also used hikari without any problems but as there are so many other choices out there I didn't want to take the risk.

Maybe someone should get in touch with hikari and voice these concerns, would be interesting to see what they say.

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
you may want to hydrate discs of all types since they will continue to swell once in the tank, or in the gullet of your plec. This swelling, once eaten, may also contribute to bloating. Quite frankly, I've not had a problem since eliminating Hikari discs
Well i should have eliminated the Hikaris from the 4ft where my smaller plecs are as i believe the combination of a hot night, lack of aeration (forgot to turn powerhead back on after feeding) and Hikari wafers to be the cause of my recent case of what i believe to be Bloat :wb:
L200 was hanging around the top of the tank by the internal filter which isn't usual behaviour for him and i lost the L264 Sultan

Pix Here and Here
Not having the best week :(

Scrapman53

Apr 21, 2009
Fife Scotland.
Sorry for your loss Terry. :(

On the other hand. I've been feeding Hikari for 2 years now (ever since they were re released in the UK and never had any problems with my L134s, L017 and L310. I put them straight in the tank and I don't think they will swell up in the plecs belly as they rasp on them, so they are effectively just rasping the outer layer which should be moist. It would be different if they were eaten whole though.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Well i should have eliminated the Hikaris from the 4ft where my smaller plecs are as i believe the combination of a hot night, lack of aeration (forgot to turn powerhead back on after feeding) and Hikari wafers to be the cause of my recent case of what i believe to be Bloat :wb:
L200 was hanging around the top of the tank by the internal filter which isn't usual behaviour for him and i lost the L264 Sultan

Pix Here and Here
Not having the best week :(
Oh you poor love :(:( so sorry for your loss.

Chris did find some wardleys on fleabay but they are from the states and cost a lot for postage, so may have to go back to Hikari if cant find anything else.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Chris did find some wardleys on fleabay but they are from the states and cost a lot for postage, so may have to go back to Hikari if cant find anything else.
I just did a search too, didn't relise they had got so difficult to get hold of. Ill put a thread up for Aqua Essentials, see if he knows why?