Wardley premium algae discs

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Here in the states you can get a bag of Wardleys for under 5 dollars.My guy likes them but really likes the Tetra Extreme more.

:D

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I use Hikari for most of my plecs but have been told not to give too many to the vegetarian plecs, so Ok for hypancistrus etc who can digest meat. if you look at the ingredients they have quite a lot of fish protein which is not brilliant for veggie eaters, but ok as long as also get lots of fresh veg.
So I only give the algae wafers occasionally but give fresh veg most days for my royal and BNs etc..
dont know about the tetra ones -have a look at the ingredients list.
Wardly are much better and I used to get them but hard to get now.

Doodle

May 4, 2009
Bracknell
Sorry for my ignorance but i have just stumbled on this thread and keep seeing things about Hikari wafers?

I use the sinking wafers the most ( even my cat loves them!:wb:) i suppose but also carnivore pellets. I also use jbl pleco xl logs, and some others that will stickj to the sides of the tank but i cannot rememeber they're name:lol:.

Obviously not all in at once just which ever one i pick up!

So is there a no no to some food or ..........

they also get fed cucumber, kiwi fruit, peas etc

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Doodle,Read Irenes post,pretty much on the money.

I stopped using Hikari for my Abn,don't want to take any chances.

Doodle

May 4, 2009
Bracknell
Thanks,

Will have to read the ingrediants in more depth me thinks.

Just out of curiosity how often do you guys feed your plecs as from the last few posts it would seem that most days they are fed?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Mine are fed at least once a day (when I am on hol) but usually 2 or 3 times a day.
mainly cos have various young ones in the tanks too.
they get fresh veg, varied, most days - more in the summer when cheap and plentiful (have a veg garden full of courgettes at the mo!, next month will be runner beans)
flakes and granules during the day and algae wafer at night. once week they get a frozen prawn in a clip and occasional blood worm for the hypancistrus and baryancistrus types.

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
you can get the 8oz bags in UK here
These are still showing on their website and i've just ordered 10 bags so will let you know if they report any issues to me, there is a phone number but when i tried talking to them b4 the girl didn't seem to understand my query and nobody rang me back :wb: but if somebody else wants to try talking to them maybe one of the ladies might get a better response ;)
I looked into exporting from http://www.strictlypetsupplies.com in US with international shipping on a bulk order of 12 (@ special price of $7.60) came to a total of $153.10 thats about £93.60 just a couple of quid more than i paid for 10 works out about £7.80 for an 8oz bag surely worth a bulk order considering the amount of interest in them here :yes:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
These are still showing on their website and i've just ordered 10 bags so will let you know if they report any issues to me, there is a phone number but when i tried talking to them b4 the girl didn't seem to understand my query and nobody rang me back :wb: but if somebody else wants to try talking to them maybe one of the ladies might get a better response ;)
I looked into exporting from http://www.strictlypetsupplies.com in US with international shipping on a bulk order of 12 (@ special price of $7.60) came to a total of $153.10 thats about £93.60 just a couple of quid more than i paid for 10 works out about £7.80 for an 8oz bag surely worth a bulk order considering the amount of interest in them here :yes:
i got 3 bags from them last week, no problems with them at all, good service with no complications, fish love them

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Dam why are the pics on the USA tetra products so much better?

It seems all the stuff in the USA is better packaged.

I just brought some De Walt stuff from the USA and the packaging was far better a transparent cover enabling you to see the contents and a listing of what was in the set.

Regards Bob

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
well i guess there is no going rate if they aren't available, but i wouldn't pay a fiver for 85g, i paid £3.80 for some 240g bags a while back (i think they messed the price), but since then, the site has had them at £8 something for 240g

Steve C

Dec 14, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
I guess I probably use a lot less than the likes of you Brian lol. I paid £2.99 for a 40g bag of Hikari Wafers at MA a while back and that was supposed to be a special offer. The Wardley ones will last months so a fiver isn't too bad :)