thoughts/ideas

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Bri, did you look into that weather thing? maybe it wasnt such a good idea??:huh:
now saying that has made me think haha, i check the weather most days to see if we have any big pressure changes due as its know to help spawning, if theres one on the way i tend to do bigger water changes than usual.

you could have a perminent pressure/weahter indicator linked???

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
now saying that has made me think haha, i check the weather most days to see if we have any big pressure changes due as its know to help spawning, if theres one on the way i tend to do bigger water changes than usual.

i like that idea a lot

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks

Thats what i suggested to bri, to see if we could find one on the internet but the one i looked at didnt make any sense to me at all lol.

Then if there was a change in pressure and your plecs spawned log it on here somewhere and hopefully we could get an indication of whether spawning is related to changes in air pressure or just flukes!

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Thats what i suggested to bri, to see if we could find one on the internet but the one i looked at didnt make any sense to me at all lol.

Then if there was a change in pressure and your plecs spawned log it on here somewhere and hopefully we could get an indication of whether spawning is related to changes in air pressure or just flukes!
great minds ;)

it can be done, ive seen it whilst searching when building my site

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
the trouble is, we are a global site with different pressure fronts all over the world, we will look into this further and see if anything is possible

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
maybe, if necessary i could supply the pressure of each day every morning as i do it as a check at work. it wouldnt give any warning of a pressure change but may hels if people start to trace spawning dates etc

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
what about a "spawning log section" i know a number of members on here, and no doubt future members breed different types of plecs...... it would be interesting to somehow keep a recored of who has spawned what, where and when even if just for reference.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
what about a "spawning log section" i know a number of members on here, and no doubt future members breed different types of plecs...... it would be interesting to somehow keep a recored of who has spawned what, where and when even if just for reference.
you mean a kind of breeding register/log?